Sunday, January 20, 2013

All Things Upper Elementary: Poetry vs. Prose... and more- Journey into Poetry ...

Mr. Hughes has been teaching poetry, not my thing really, but sitting in classes a couple of times a week has helped.  I think Richard Gere said it best in Pretty Woman when he was talking about the opera - people either love it or they don't.  If they love it from the beginning, it becomes part of their soul; if they don't they learn to appreciate but it will never be a part of them.  I think the same can be said about poetry and with the lessons he is sharing, I can learnto appreciate poetry.  stop by and follow his postings on teaching poetry to his students.  - Mrs. E :


All Things Upper Elementary: Poetry vs. Prose... and more- Journey into Poetry ...: Greetings Dear Readers! I can hardly believe that we have all introduced ourselves and now it is time to share the "goods"! WAHOO! For m...

No comments: