Saturday, July 02, 2011

Book Review: Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum by Stephen Prosapio

New release, The Ghosts of Rosewood Asylum by Stephen Prosapio is a must-read for ghost story lovers.

The story starts a bit slow but it builds to the "wow" factor of the story. It follows paranormal investigator, Zach, and his team along side another TV show's group of folks while they explore a haunted insane asylum. Even though the story only takes place over a couple of days, it reads like it is longer. The reader is definitely brought in by the history given. I don't know if Rosewood Asylum is a real entity or not, but if it is, I'm sure it would be a definite place where hauntings would take place. Mr. Prosapio fills in the background very well. I emailed him after finishing the story and put in the subject "All I can say is Wow" because I really didn't have another word to give him. I was surprised a little but thoroughly enjoyed the story.

It is available in both paperback and kindle versions. When I placed the order last week, it was on sale for 99 cents but now is back up to its regular price of $5.95. It is worth the read though. The paperback version is $16.78 and the hardback version is $28.66.

I think if you really want a good ghost story, this is the one for you.

After reading the excerpt from his upcoming story, I think I'll pass on that one, not because it didn't grip from the beginning but it's a Lizzie Bordon story and I have an aversion to Lizzie Bordon for some odd reason. I will have to think long and hard about getting this next story. Maybe Stephen can persuade me to get it and read it. I was spooked before I even read the words "Lizzie Bordon took an axe" because the first few paragraphs did draw me into the story. (UPDATE 07/03/2011: Stephen has emailed me and promises me this is not a Lizzie Bordon story and there is no other mention of her after that beginning where the girl is chanting the thing about Lizzie Bordon - you know the one - lol, so I guess when the next story comes out I may have to read it, we'll see)

RATING: 4-1/2 stars

No comments: