Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Support your local library update #5

Finihsed Death at Devil's Bridge by Cynthia DeFelice, I think Sunday night. Returned those four libary books and checked out The Day the Music Died A Mystery by Ed Gorman. Started reading it last night but the writing seems very passive. (Yes my publisher will get me on that for my passive writing - lol). Of course the book was published in 1999 and a lot has changed in those 11 years. Maybe the further I read, the more I can connect with the characters and get into the mystery (we have a dead body, an apparent admission to killing her and a suicide so far - these incidents coincide to the timing of the news that Buddy Holly and Richie Valenz were killed in a plane crash but are totally unrelated incidents).

I hope the 6th graders are keeping up with their reading info and logging in books so they can get their prizes. More updates later - E :)

No comments: