Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Staying Alive with Stacy tour - Review of "Life is Tough"

Today is my day to have Stacy Gooch Anderson on my blog. I am doing a review of "Life is Tough," her newest release.

This book is very humorous and came about from family reunions and watching old family movies and all. What Stacy remembers and what her family remembers seem to have some discrepancies but then again, I guess if we all saw growing up experiences the same way, there wouldn't be a reason for "life lessons." Stacy approaches her life with a bit of tongue-in-cheek attitude and what comes from that is some enjoyable "recounters" of what life was like in the Gooch household.

From ski trips to first dates to bearing children to loss of loved ones, Stacy takes us through a truly laugh out loud peek into her. For anyone looking for some laughter in their life and a few tears, I really suggest that you pick up Stacy's book and remember, "Life is tough, but someone else may have had a tougher life" and enjoy yourself if even for a few minutes a day.

I don't remember which "life saver saying" would be my favorite, but I definitely could relate to quite a few of them. So hang in there, pick up a copy of "Life is Tough" and hang on for an enjoyable ride.

(You'll have to check out the previous posting and follow Stacy's blog for more on her "life saver moments" - see you all in the postings - E :)

4 comments:

Stacy G. Anderson said...

Thanks, Elysabeth! Here's 'toasting' to success (both yours and mine)in any form....;-)

Hugs,
Stacy

elysabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by. I did enjoy the book. May you have lots of success - E :)

Rain-drop said...

This sounds like a great book! I shall have to check it out.

Mm, look at those lifesavers...I haven't had any in forever! Makes me want some...:p

elysabeth said...

Silly girl. You need a few lifesavers all the time. I especially like the ones that come out around Easter time as they are not as sweet as the regular ones - they are pastel colored and have flavors like watermelon, cotton candy and something else. Glad to see you are still around - hope to see you in the postings soon or on chat - E :)