Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Spazy Taz is gone


A sad day for the family and I pray my kids did not see her but apparently Spazy was killed sometime between the time Bill left for work last night and the time he got home this morning. I didn't hear her barking up a storm like usual last night and he came in and said I didn't have to worry about her any more because she was dead, right at the end of the driveway - and the kids have to go to the end of the driveway to catch the bus and I pray they didn't see her this morning. I'm sure if they had seen her, they would have run back in to let me know, but because they were just getting out there in time for the bus, maybe not.

The pups are six weeks old today and even though she has not really been tending to them of late, they no longer have a mother. Their father wasn't around when they were born, so now they only have us. Thank goodness we had put them in the fencing a couple of weeks ago. Spazy will be missed even though she was so spastic and hyper (I think she was still a pup herself and then to have 10 puppies - well 11 were born in the litter and 10 survived - to take care of didn't help her).

2 comments:

Rain-drop said...

Aww, poor thing. She was such a cutie, too! Look at that innocent sweet little face!

I am sorry that she is gone. Your kids must be so sad! Oh, that's terrible. It's just too sad.

I'm happy that the pups have you to take care of them, that is good. At least there is that.

Dana Fredsti said...

Oh, Elysabeth, I'm so sorry to hear about Taz. It's never easy to lose a beloved pet and I'm just glad the kids have the puppies to focus on...and that the puppies have their surrogate parents.