Saturday, March 03, 2007

Matchmaker, matchmaker - not intentionally

My brother and his family moved to the area from North Carolina last weekend. I invited them out to dinner and to take the kids skating. So when I get out of the shower before leaving, Hailie asks if her friend can go with us. I said no problem. Before leaving for the post office, Benjamin's friend shows up to spend the night. Now, I have my two and their friends and my three nephew/nieces, plus my brother and his wife - yay for me - the more the merrier.
So after skating, I get home and add my nephew to my yahoo and we are chatting because of some of the things I had heard in the car. Anyway - turns out he and Casey hit it off. So my 16 year old nephew and Hailie's 13 almost 14 year old friend are talking online for now.
Today was the band's fish fry so the kids and I worked pretty much all day - I get home and chat online a short bit and then go take a nap. When I get up and get back online, my nephew calls me and says "guess what, mom and dad are going to let me date Casey" after telling me last night online that his parents said he was too young to date. So now a supposed bowling date is being scheduled for next Friday. Hailie is now beside herself because she set up her friend and her cousin in a round about sort of way - lol - this was not an intentional set up but I guess it was bound to happen with the younguns today.
Picture of nephew, nieces, and my kids and their friends -




Best I can do for son and his friend - and that's my backside in the blue color - waiting for my brother and his family - okay - so enough for now - see you all in the postings - E :)

2 comments:

Janelle Dakota's blog said...

Love the pictures! You can't stand in the way of true love. Hey, you could use this experience in your YA novel!

astrologymemphis.blogspot.com said...

Aaawww. Isn't that sweet. I don't think your nephew is too young to date - I think the little girl is. Sorry. A little girl who is dating at 13 is married by 18, a mother by 20. I'd like to see her have a lot more life experiences before that happens. But here I am, jumping the gun and assuming I know the people involved. I'll just shut up now.